Here are the rules to the Warrior Code. Welcome, sit down in the cave, and I shall explain the codes to you...
- 1. Defend your Clan. You may become friends with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty stays to your Clan, as one day you may face them in battle.
- 2. Never hunt or trespass onto another Clan's territory.
- 3. Elders and kits must be fed before yourself. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
- 4. Prey is killed to be eaten only. Thank StarClan for its life.
- 5. A kit must be at least six moons old before becoming an apprentice.
- 6. Newly appointed warriors must keep a silent lookout for one night after being given their warrior name.
- 7. A cat cannot be ranked deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
- 8. The deputy will become Clan leader once the leader dies or retires.
- 9. After death or retirement of the deputy, a new deputy will be chosen before moonhigh.
- 10. A gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. A fight will not break out among Clans at this time.
- 11. Boundaries must be marked and checked daily. You must challenge all trespassing cats.
- 12. No warrior may scorn a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
- 13. The Clan leader's word is the warrior code.
- 14. An honorable warrior doesn't need to kill cats to win his or her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is for self-defense.
- 15. A warrior rejects a soft life of a kittypet.
- Now, here is one not offically added, but considered as part.
- A medicine cat shall not mate. They promised to heal their Clan. No love will get in the way.