Deadly Burn (Burn) is a very young, handsome, muscular orange-and-black tom with amber-yellow eyes. He is very slender and he has strong legs, because he lives on Mount Fierce.
Fearless, powerful, daring, tough. An extremely clever and loyal tomcat.
- Raised in the hard-core Gang of Lava Gang, Burn brought himself up from a tiny, mewling kit to the Gang's powerful leader. He is feared by his Gangmates.
- Burn is extremely young (14 moons), too young to be appointed for leader in fact, but his promising decisions and actions proved himself worthy of this great position. He vows that he will protect his Gang for eternity, even after death, and will continue to fight for the survival of his Gang until death.
- Deadly Burn meets a she-cat named Sally, and they flirt with each other. They take a nice, peaceful walk and talk. They both have crushes on each other. When Burn goes back to his Clan, he promises her they will meet again.
- Sally comes to the mountain-top to warn Lava Gang of the coming wolves and mountain lions scented on Blood Gang.
- Deadly Burn asks Sally to stay with him and she agrees desperately, and he leads her into camp. That night he takes her as a mate and he invites her to sleep with him in his den until they build the nursery. She accepts, and they spend a wonderful night together, walking through the mountain and fetching mountain water.
- One day, a severe thunderstorm strikes the Gangs, and Burn is forced to become a hero through the storm. Lava Gang are too panicked to move and Burn lunges in, scooping the apprentices into their den. The wind throws him against a rock where he cracks two of his ribs, and falls on his side. He passes out while the rest of the Gang, horrified, stay in shelter and watch over him.
- Sally finds Burn and brings him back to the den, treating him. They tell each other that they love each other.
Sally - Living