Comet is a skinny, short-furred gray-black she-cat with long limbs, blazing amber eyes, and a scarred muzzle.
Hot-tempered, tough, and fierce. Always ready to fight with her claws, or her tongue.
- Comet is first introduced in Twolegplace. She is shown to be quite hostile to the cats that live there, claiming she doesn't need help and can live alone. Comet is also starving, and is desperate for something to eat.
- Comet sees Leopard and Sweetcharm and Piper fighting, and races to help them. But Rug fights her off and the two she-cats fight violently until they collaspe and fall unconscious from their wounds.
- She wakes up, staring into the gentle eyes of Hope. Hope had dragged her and Rug away from the alley and treated them with herbs. Comet gratefully thanks Hope for saving her life and apologizes to Rug for almost killing her. The three she-cats become close friends.
- Zack shows a liking to her, and Comet is aware of it. She pads after him as well.
- Comet attacks Tornado after the young tom trips on her, thinking she was a shadow. Sakura treats his wounds, and Comet's as well, but they take Tornado to back to Team Sasuke's camp. Hope acts as leader and announces she will join, along with her friends. Comet and Firecracker and Mallowleaf get into a short fight, but nobody gets hurt. Comet snaps at Hope that she will always be her own leader, and Hope will never rule her.
- She shows a strong disliking to Ichi and Firefang, claiming that they are "fleabags that have no lives other than to kill innocent bystanders." She nearly claws off Ichi's ears at one time, but hides in the shadows after something frightened her.
- Comet receives a prophecy from StarClan cats, and is very confused. She seeks the help of other cats to help her figure out what the prophecy means. Soon, she meets Sweetcharm and the others in Leopard's Group, which she discovers have had the exact same prophecy. She joins them, curious of what the prophecy means.