Asaka is a quiet, light orange-brown-pelted she-cat with faint tabby stripes and grass-green eyes. She has a special connection with the earth and has a special touch for healing.
- Asaka is born to Reokotsai and Rukia in the mountains, with her siblings Monte, Ryuki, and Glacier. While playing with her siblings, Monte and she begin play-fighting. The result is Monte creating a ditch that Asaka then falls into, causing her to injure her forepaw. Asaka comes to her mother about it, who in turn tells her father. Monte is scolded, and Rukia creates a small cast for Asaka's injured leg.
- Asaka runs off to the rogue forest, running into Nanashi. Nanashi is intrigued by the kit, inquiring of her name, the kit does not speak. Nanashi concludes she will call the kit "Koyo", and this becomes her known name.
- Koyo and Nanashi venture together, Koyo sitting on Nanashi's head because of her unusually small size. They meet a new kit, Akuba. Akuba tries to take Koyo's place on Nanashi's head, and Koyo viciously wards him off. Akuba since then learns his lesson, and does not trifle with Koyo.
- Koyo is seen to have a rivalry with Akuba, if one can call it that - She will often whack him if he says something stupid, but Nanashi never sees this. At one point, she bites a segment of his tail off, making it shorter.
- Nanashi takes them to the sand village, and Koyo wanders off. She is caught in a hurricane with a tom named Zigzag, and a tree falls on him when he tries to run. She tries to pull him out, and afterward uses grasses to sew together folds of skin that had been torn apart from being scratched by the tree branches.
- Rukia - Living
- Reokotsai - Living
- Cobalt - Living